Break Thru’s Pathways program focuses on those with a mental illness, who are experiencing, or at risk of homelessness. Working jointly with the client, the main aim is to create a pathway into more stable and appropriate accommodation, as well as establishing support to achieve long-term sustainable housing.
Break Thru work jointly with the client to provide a flexible service which offers client’s with choices, based on their individualised needs including:
- Assistance to find and maintain stable and appropriate accommodation
- Linking to and liaising with medical and allied health services
- Support with legal matters and obtaining legal services
- Practical assistance with daily living tasks
- Assistance to obtain basic life necessities and;
- Assistance and support to access recreation, educational and leisure options.
Referral to this service can be made via Mid West Area Mental Health Service Case Manager.