Access to Mentoring Support for Indigenous Job Seekers Pilot
Break Thru is participating in the Access to Mentoring Support for Indigenous Job Seekers Pilot, funded by the Department of Employment.
Due to our strong performance of placing people into work, we have been offered an extension, meaning this is our third of providing this invaluable service.
The Pilot has committed funding for Break Thru to trial providing culturally appropriate mentoring support for Indigenous job seekers. This includes pre-placement support and ongoing mentoring throughout the first 26 weeks of employment.
The objectives of the Pilot are to:
- deliver one-on-one mentoring support to Indigenous job seekers in areas of significant Indigenous population and strong employer demand
- provide this support for up to 26 weeks following placement of an Indigenous job seeker into employment
- achieve sustained employment outcomes for Indigenous participants in the Pilot
- determine whether culturally appropriate mentoring support contributes to sustained employment outcomes for Indigenous job seekers
- contribute to the Closing the Gap on Indigenous employment outcomes objective to halve the gap in employment outcomes between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians within a decade
Indigenous mentoring is available in the following locations:
Central Coast – The Entrance and Wyong
Lower Hunter – Charlestown, Wallsend and Raymond Terrace
Townsville – Aitkenvale
Western Sydney – Mt Druitt
Contact Ben (as seen above) at our Mt Druitt office (02) 8882 0800 for more information.