Break Thru assists people who are at risk of losing their job due to injury, disability or health condition through free of charge access to Job in Jeopardy Assistance.
What is Job in Jeopardy Assistance?
Job in Jeopardy Assistance can help people who are injured, have a disability or health condition to keep working and remain employed with their current employer. This service is free for employees and employers as it is funded by the Government‘s Disability Employment Services (DES). You can receive Job in Jeopardy Assistance by directly registering with Break Thru if you meet the eligibility guidelines.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for assistance, employees must:
- have been employed for at least eight hours a week on average over a consecutive 13 week period
- be at risk of losing their employment in the immediate future as a result of their injury, disability or health condition
- be aged between 14 and 65 years of age
- be an Australian resident
- not be studying full time
- not be currently registered with or receiving assistance from an employment services provider
Employees DO NOT need to be receiving a payment from the Department of Social Services, to have an assessment completed by Centrelink or have a medical certificate.
Assistance available for employers includes:
- advice about redesigning a job so the person can keep working
- assessing a workplace to see how it can be improved
- access specialist equipment to support people to do their job
What are the benefits?
Job in Jeopardy assistance offers employees a supportive and confidential service for up to 12 months to help keep their job. Once their job is secure, Break Thru will continue to provide support to make sure it stays that way.
Job in Jeopardy assistance helps employers to retain staff and their knowledge. Break Thru consultants can also assist employers to access other Government assistance.